We are searching for an experienced senior architect to oversee the company’s new construction projects. As the Lead project architect, you will mentor other Architects, interpret client briefs, and review contracts and designs. You should have strong leadership skills, extensive knowledge of CAD software, and the ability to handle negative feedback.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing and designing architectural and engineering plans.
- Ensuring all plans are compliant with governmental health and safety regulations.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge of various engineering disciplines, application methods, and materials.
- Monitoring the work of other Architects and making recommendations or scheduling workshops as required.
- Providing guidance to subcontractors like builders, plumbers, and electricians, and helping them interpret design specifications.
- Liaising with owners to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
- Ensuring the team works together to achieve set goals and targets.
- Acting as a mentor to new Architects and helping them fine-tune their design skills and improve their industry knowledge.
- Networking and consulting with various industry professionals.
- At least 10 years of experience as an Architect.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, design, or similar.
- MA Degree in architecture or design might be preferable.
- A good portfolio and several years of work experience as an Architect.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Brilliant interpersonal and networking skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly analytical.
- In-depth understanding of CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Deadline-driven and dedicated to excellence.